Tuesday, June 26, 2012

a feathery Tova

Tova tank
The weather has been quite warm here the past couple weeks, so I took some time this weekend to sew up a couple tanks.  This is the first Tova that I have made.  This top has definitely made the rounds in the online sewing world, and I can definitely see why!  I adore this top.

Tova tank!
I bought a bunch of Martha Negley feathers in all different colorways several weeks back.  When I saw this creamy white colorway with the pretty pink and brown feathers, I knew right away that I wanted it for a Tova. 

Tova tank!
I'm pretty new to garment sewing, and this is the first time I've used this pattern.  I was pretty dumb brave and dove right in, cutting up my pretty feathers without making a muslin first.  I really lucked out... the shirt fits perfectly!  I widened the armholes and made the straps a bit narrower.  Rather than adding sleeves, I finished the armholes in the same way as the Wiksten tank.  Perfect for summer!  I think it will also look nice under a cardigan in the winter.

Tova tank!
I have made a second tank since then, and I may have cut out two more today.  I don't think I can have enough of these shirts!! 

with love,
Angela

20 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, especially in these Feathers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela this is adorable! I don't really like sewing clothes. But this is making me rethink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love it, Ang! It looks great on you! One day I'll make a Tova... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's so pretty Angela! looks gorgeous on you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute! The top looks really good in this fabric. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute maybe someday I will try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are super cute and where did you get that pattern? I just love those and they look really comfortable too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fabric is perfect for the top! Love love love it!

    - Katie Fleming
    Katie Michelle Designs

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful version! The colors suit you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I bought the Dear Stella Marea feathers to make the long sleeved version of this shirt. Now I'm super excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. totally amazing angela! it looks very you. I've had a tova cut out on my desk for almost two weeks now, it's driving me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the tova sleeveless. Great job! I've been looking all over for that Martha Negley feather fabric and can't find it. Where did you order it from?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! Love the feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow just beautiful! Must get some of that feather fabric

    ReplyDelete
  15. totally random question, Do you where a tinted lip gloss? Love the color of your lips and wondered what you use. Sorry if thats a weird question

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I made my first Tova just a couple of months ago and loved how it turned out. She writes a pattern so very well.

    ReplyDelete